To date, my book/shortfic reviews have appeared on Yet Another Book Review, SF Crowsnest, The Fix Online, T3A Space, Den of Geek and have not appeared in Scalpel Magazine; I have also had several reviews published in the print journal Vector.
These days, I also post reviews directly to NostalgiaForInfinity.com. This way no one fucks with my semi-colons.
Warning: the further down this page you scroll, the shittier and more ineptly-written the reviews will become.
- S.L. Grey – The Mall (for Vector)
- Gord Zajac – Major Karnage (for Vector)
- John Trevillian – The A-Men
- John Perkins – Confessions of an Economic Hitman
- Rebecca Levene – Tomes of the Dead: Anno Mortis
- Colin Harvey – Winter Song
- Alison Bechdel – Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
- Steven Blush – American Hardcore: A Tribal History
- Joseph Patrick Larkin – The Arcade of Cruelty
- Eric Grubbs – Post: A Look at the Influences of Post-Hardcore 1985-2007
- Ray Bradbury – Something Wicked This Way Comes (for Vector)
- Paul McAuley – The Quiet War (for Vector)
- Stephen Grant & Scott Bieser – Odysseus the Rebel
- Terry Brooks, Edwin David & Robert Place Naptop – The Dark Wraith of Shannara (for Vector)
- Steven Deighan & Terry Cooper – Feels Like Stephen King
- Mitch Clem – Nothing Nice To Say (Volume 2)
- Kim Lakin-Smith – Tourniquet
- Aphra Behn – Oronooko (BlogAPenguinClassic.com review)
- Mike O’Driscoll – Unbecoming
- Ellis Sharp – Walthamstow Central
- Patrick Hughes – Diary of Indignities
- Jonathan Green – Unnatural History: Pax Britannia
- Michael Muhammad Knight – The Taqwacores
- William Blum – Rogue State
Short Fiction & Magazine Reviews
- A capella Zoo issue #5
- Interzone issue #231
- Re/Action issue #1
- Futurismic: Uxo, Bomb Dog
- Hub Magazine #12 – 18
Vector is the critical journal of the BSFA and maintains a web presence here.
- #257: featured my review of The Dark Wraith of Shannara, by Terry Brooks, Edwin David and Robert Place Napton.Read the review here.
- #258: featured my review of The Invisible War by Paul McAuley. Read the review here.
- #259: featured my review of Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Read the review here.
- #264: featured my review of This Is Not A Game by Walter Jon Williams. Read the review here.
- #265: featured my review of Major Karnage by Gord Zajac. Read the review here.
- #266: featured my review of Tomes of the Dead: Anno Mortis by Rebecca Levene. This is an edited review which originally appeared on NFI – read it here.
- #268: featured my review of The Concrete Grove by Gary McMahon.
- Forthcoming issues will feature my reviews of The Mall by S. L. Grey and a three-parter review of books by Lavie Tidhar, Roy Gray and Tim Maughan.
Expired Reviews & Expired Review Spaces
T3A Space was the official blog of TTA Press, which publishes Interzone, Black Static, Crimewave and occasionally books, and supported The Fix Online.
- Henry Gee (ed.) – Futures From Nature: 100 Speculative Fictions (review has now vanished)
The Fix was a short fiction review website, relaunched from an earlier print form in late 2007. I reviewed for The Fix during ’07 and early ’08 under the editorship of Eugie Foster. I went on hiatus from The Fix due to other commitments and it is now unfortunately no longer active.
- Lone Star Stories #26
- Hub Magazine #35 – 38
- Clarkesworld Magazine #14
- Shiny #1
SF Crowsnest continues to be a big ol’ science fiction and fantasy website. I wrote reviews for it between August 2005 and July 2006. My reviews have long since been archived but may still be available. I wouldn’t recommend it, though, as I don’t feel these reviews were very good.
- Paul Park – A Princess of Roumania
- Tobias S. Buckell – Crystal Rain
- John Scalzi – Old Man’s War
- Dave Gibbons – The Originals
- Brandon Sanderson – Elantris
- Peter Watts – Behemoth: Seppuku
- Peter Watts – Behemoth: B-Max
- George Zebrowski – Macrolife
- Tim Pratt – The Strange Adventures of Rangergirl
- M. John Harrison – Viriconium
- Frank & Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson – The Road to Dune
- Alastair Reynolds – Pushing Ice
- Alan Moore & David Lloyd – V For Vendetta
- Jon Courtenay Grimwood – Stamping Butterflies
- Charles De Lint – Someplace to be Flying
- Mark D. Giller – Hammerjack
- Ed Lark – Grief
- Mark von Schlegell – Venusia
- Andre Norton – Three Hands for Scorpio
- Alexander C. Irvine – The Narrows
- Eric Brown – The Extraordinary Voyage of Jules Verne
- Tanith Lee – Metallic Love
- Stel Pavlou – Gene
- Kelly Link – Stranger Things Happen
YetAnotherBookReview was a genre book review website a friend invited me to join her on. I contributed between January 2005 and late 2006, or thereabouts. The site is now dead and I’ve not bothered republishing my reviews as I don’t think they were very good.
- Garry Charles – Heaven’s Falling: Ascension
- Steven Deighan – A Dead Calmness
- Neil Williamson – The Ephemera
- Frank Ludlow & Roelof Goudriaan (eds.) – Emerald Eye: The Best Irish Imaginative Fiction
- Sean Wright – The Twisted Root of Jaarfindor
- Sean Wright – Wicked or What?
- Mark West – In The Rain With the Dead
- Tim Nickels – The English Soil Society
- Heidi Cyr – X & Y, And Other Like Stories
- Joseth Moore – The Solar Bridge
- Neal Asher – Cowl
- Matt Dinniman – Trailer Park Fairy Tales
- Tim Lees – The Life to Come
- Arrand Pritchard – Sauria
- J.M. Lamoreaux – Patient 444 and other short stories
- Richard Morgan – Woken Furies
- China Mieville – Perdido Street Station
- China Mieville – The Scar
- Neal Asher – The Line of Polity
- Grant Naylor – Red Dwarf Omnibus
- Clive Barker – Abarat
- Max Brooks – The Zombie Survival Guide
- Niven, Pournelle, Barnes – The Legacy of Heorot (second review on page.)
- Peter Hamilton – the Night’s Dawn trilogy
- Neal Asher – Gridlinked
- Richard Paul Russo – Unto Leviathan